thanks fi for this meme, which i’m finding particularly difficult to answer! i think i have a thick layer of sarcasm and cynicism built into my onion which needs to be surgically removed.
LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE
- What’s your preferred name? Katie. It’s my real name. I’m not a Katherine or a Kate/Kaitlyn. I get called Kate by family except my mum (even though no one thinks I have a nickname as such), and Kat by my sister, but I actually am just Katie, and it’s what I prefer 🙂
- Do you wear glasses? No. I have them, but I don’t need them. They’re for refocusing my eyes if I’m doing lots of teeny tiny coding stuff and I wore them more in administration roles with weird handwriting to decipher.
- How would you describe your fashion style? “cracked out nanna”. not what i’m going for usually but it’s what i end up with.
LAYER TWO: THE INSIDE
- What do you fear? i’m not great with flying. i’m pretty fking terrible with flying to be honest. i also do not like ladders or staircases (there’s a ‘falling’ theme here, can you tell?)
- What is your guilty pleasure? gossip. see previous post about my not so guilty gossip habit. I also like to eat the occasional sausage roll and then torture myself for the rest of the day.
LAYER THREE: YOUR THOUGHTS
- What was your first thought when you woke up today? “Do I still have a headache?”. Answer: Yes.
- What you think about most? i have absolutely no idea. seriously. it’s just random thoughts, probably about work, and possible research topics, and whether i’m doing something right, what i need to do to complete something, family stuff, the cats, the weather….. too much stuff. none of it particularly relevant, important, or life changing.
LAYER FOUR: WHAT’S BETTER?
- To be loved or respected? respected. ‘let them hate me so long as they fear me’ :-p loved is good too!
- Dogs or cats? cats, however if a greyhound or whippet came up in a game of Top Trumps, I think they’d beat the cat. I can’t tell you how much i love greyhounds (possibly more than cats).
LAYER FIVE: BELIEF
- Believe in yourself? yes, with a constant, healthy diet of ‘get over yourself’, “are you really sure?”, “you know nothing”, and “you are NOT an expert, better check your facts first” chucked in for good measure. always room for improvement, not enough room for assumption.
- Believe in love? what he said:
LAYER SIX: YOUR TALENTS
- Do you play a musical instrument? clarinet. not very well anymore.
- Do you enjoy cooking? i will in a week when i have a decent oven/stove top for the first time in 3 years.
- Are you any good at gardening? I can kill airplants.
LAYER SEVEN: YOUR FAVOURITES
- Favourite animal? badgers. i’ve never seen one, but i loves them!
- Favourite movie? NULL (i have no favourites)
- Favourite book? NULL (no favourite book either).
LAYER EIGHT: AGE
- How old are you? mid thirties.
- Does age matter? only when needing a justification for device upgrades 🙂